Artemisia Apiacea Extract
If you are looking for high quality and pure natural factory supply food or pharmaceutical grade artemisia annua extract, southernwood extract, capillary wormwood extract, sweet wormwood p.e., sweet wormwood extract powder in bulk, please feel free to contact Xi'an Lucky Clover Biotech...Chat Now
If you are looking for high quality and pure natural factory supply food or pharmaceutical grade artemisia annua extract, southernwood extract, capillary wormwood extract, sweet wormwood p.e., sweet wormwood extract powder in bulk, please feel free to contact Xi'an Lucky Clover Biotech Co.,Ltd.
Product Name: Sweet Wormwood Extract
Artemisia Annua Extract
Artemisia Apiacea Extract
Latin name: Artemisia annua L.
Active Ingredients: Artemisinin
Specification: HPLC 98%, 99% or Extract Ratio 10:1
Appearance: White crystalline powder
Molecular Formula: C15H22O5
Molecular Weight: 282.34
CAS NO.: 63968-64-9
An herb that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine and been noted for its compounds that can effectively treat malaria. Sweet Annie (Artemisia annua L., Asteraceae), also called sweet wormwood, is sometimes referred to its Chinese name qing hao (green herb). Artemisinin, some of the related compounds derived directly from the herb, sometimes referred as quinghaosu (extract of green herb). These compounds, and their synthetic derivatives, have been described in The New York Times as "trikingly effective against malaria".
Artemisinin was originally developed in 1972 in China (Chines Institute of material medicine) from the plant Artemisia annua L (sweet wormwood), a sesquiterpene lactone (emperical formula C15 H22 O5. Artemisinin is the active ingredient in qinghao, a Chinese herbal tea that have been used for 150 years to treat malaria and haemorrhoids. It grows in the wild in China and now has been found to grow in other parts of the world too, though the species may vary a bit. Locally, it is prepared as an infusion of the dried leaves.
The Qinghaosu (Artemisinin) is an active anti-malaria ingredient isolated from the leaves of a medicinal herb, the Artemisia Annua.The product has demonstrated marked schizonticidal activity on Plasmodii, including the multi-drug resistant strains of Plasmodium falciparum. Artemisinin is an antimalarial agent with a chemical structure unlike any other. It has no nitrogenous heterocycle. It acts on the growth of the early “ring” stages of the trophozoites of Plasmodium falciparum and ensures rapid clearance of blood parasitaemia. Chemical modifications of Aremisinin (reduction plus etherification) have enabled more potent and more soluble derivatives to be obtained. Among these different products is artemether. The methyl ether form of dihydroartemisinin.
● Used for centuries to kill parasites, particularly worms and flukes;
● Artemisinin is generally well tolerated at the doses used to treat malaria;
● Used primarily for liver, gall bladder and stomach ailments as well as to expel intestinal worms.
● Restrain plasmodium growth and directly kill plasmodium.
Anti-inflammatory and cancer.
● Relieve cough and asthma.
● Reduce blood pressure, allay a fever and restrain a dermatophyte
● Applied in food field, in summer it will be serve as cool drinks which is good for prevention and treatment of heat stroke;
● Applied in health product field, artemisinin can be made into capsules or oral liquid to regulate the immune system;
● Applied in pharmaceutical field, artemisinin has treatment effects on vivax malaria, plasmodium falciparum and chloroquine.